Saturday 11 September 2010

one Lebaran celebration by someone who doesn't celebrate it

somehow 2010 feels quite different. the streets are still crowded and so are malls, unlike 2009 when I could feel as if the city was mine (I even only needed 30 mins from Bekasi to Central Jkt!).

now? the crowd doesn't seem to increase. everywhere I went today I saw soooooo many many people. like, MANY of them. I just thought, what's with the word MUDIK? don't 2010 people have it on their dictionary? geez.


sorry for my random rambling. I'll just share my own Lebaran day out (not that I'm celebrating it, but I just feel like joining the cheerio out there :B)


1st stop : Grandpa's House - Bintaro
actually he's not literally my "grandpa". he's a little brother of my deceased grandpa and he lives with his younger sister. both of them are unmarried and live only by two. anw, I call them Opa Min and Oma Njoen.


shortly described, they are so western minded and speak fluent Dutch. sometimes they spoke in Dutch and I couldn't understand anything, unless it sounds a bit like German.

personally, I think they're nice. but I can't stand it everytime Oma starts her "kultum" (that's the way we call her unstoppable speech about how we have to live, how we have to behave, how we have to dress up, bla bla bla).
sorry Oma, I yawn everytime you talked, but doesn't mean I don't love you. hou van jou zoveel Oma Opa :*


took some pictures to reduce my boredom there :

tried to read their Belgian newspaper (I don't even know how they got it), and could only understand one or two words. yea, Dutch is definitely NOT in my blood
(click to enlarge, in case you major Dutch Literature and wanna read it too :D)

if you can see the background, it was my mom talking with Oma. and Opa was in the right.
FYI, daddy's cheek are still severely swollen, so he uses mask everywhere he goes.

today's treat : Belgian Chocolate!
(padahal di Indo juga ada sih -___-")






2nd stop : Grand Indonesia
now GI seems to be my 3rd house, comes after Gading on the 2nd place.


filled up our tummy @ La Porchetta. if I may give a review : nothing's special with the whole resto,  just plainly good.



my all time favorite dish : Caesar Salad. nyam

I was eyeing on Archie's Salmon Salsa Fettuccine. looked so scrumptious

zoomed in. bener2 bikin ngiler ya Tuhaaannn


then went up to Blitz and watched Grown Ups. and it was SUPER. I've never seen mom and dad laughing so hard before. dad even forgot his swollen cheek. he laughed so hard, well, too hard. his entire mouth felt damn hurts after that.  well well...

if one of you feel like watching it, don't hesitate to ask me! I don't mind to dig in my wallet again, the whole movie worths it.




3rd stop : Merlynn Park Hotel - somewhere around Central Jkt
my auntie and his husband from Semarang were coming over here. so we paid a short visit, had some chit chat. then left the hotel around 12 AM, exactly at midnight.

after bought something for tomorrow's breakfast, finally we can drove back home and I can hit my bed again and share all these to you!


so that's how my story ends. see you very soon, as soon as I've got something to share.

and before it's too damn late, I would like to say:

SELAMAT LEBARAN SEMUANYAAAAA!
MAAF LAHIR BATIN YA :)

No comments: