Wednesday 24 August 2011

it might sound cliché, but it's still true

I have this one friend whose story I feel like sharing to all of you. first of all I should make the case clear : he doesn't know that I already found out about his trouble. so I'd rather protect his identity by not telling who he is, from where I knew him, where he studies, whatever. one sure thing : he's a very good man. yea of course, I won't even bother to mumble about him at the first place if he's not.

he always puts his flat face everytime he's around. he's quite silent, whenever it comes to mocking games he's our group's best prey. no matter how mean we mock him, he would just say something like "sh*t" or "dammit" or so, try to humorously revenge us (but failed), then he would just laugh about that and forget them all.

we tease him very often "ha! weak! chicken! HA!" or sorta things like that. but today we all just knew that he had this one big burden on his shoulders since quite long time ago. he couldn't pay his tuition fee. that's it.

it was almost like thunderbolt in the middle of peaceful dewy morning for us. and then, as if that were not enough : the deadline was actually... tomorrow. his campus starts the day off from tomorrow, so I guess you know how critical the situation is. last time I heard from an anonymous source, he only got around 30% of all the amount needed, and right now, it's only 3 hours before tomorrow...

I don't know how to respond with this. the word sad, I don't think that is "proper" enough.

well I'm not that close with him actually, neither as BFF nor romantic flirty buddy. it's just that I spent quite much time with him and our other companies, that's why I can't stand the thought of losing him. he's a very good man, a good friend indeed.

once I've posted case like this, about one senior of mine in UI. yet when it happens to YOUR OWN buddy, it feels like... impossible. I never thought that his condition is actually THIS bad.

that's all. I'm spilling this all out not to hold a charity act for him or what. I let you know so that you can open your eyes and see, perhaps most of you are slightly luckier in some perspectives.

whatever your problem is, don't whine, don't complain. you are not the most miserable one.

3 comments:

Felicia Primadita said...

mudah2n temen lw dpt keajaiban ya yuk...

Yuke Adora I. said...

amin dit, amiinnn :')

Yuke Adora I. said...

so far udah ketolong dit, bayarannya dipending jadi oktober. doain ya oktober duitnya udah kekumpul semua :)