Sunday 9 October 2011

analogy monologuey


I saw a red tulip, then I told you “Look, a tulip!”

You smiled and replied “It’s rose, my sweet lil dummie.”

I was like, whaattt? “But babe can’t you see? That must be a tulip!”

You turned emotional. “What kind of goddamned tulip would look like that? Come on.”

I thought, alright. Anything to stop this nonsense fight. Okay hon, that’s a rose, just like your smart-ass said.

When you heard that, you got mad instead.
I thought like, “Fine then. I’ve compromised for you, you don’t buy that, fine enough.” And that was exactly why I left you there.

So right now, if you think you could come to me and say “I just realized after all this time, you’re right.  I think that was a tulip we saw back then.”
well I’ll spill it all out to your face. “Look, both the tulip and the rose were already withered, dead, RIP, like ages ago. So why bother about them at the first place? Get off.”

Get off. I won’t ever listen to you anymore.



(previously posted on Tumblr, July 11th 2011)

No comments: