Sunday 15 January 2012

Maze, my mighty mate

This little rant today is dedicated to my private mate, my lifeless friend. Call him Maze.

13-inch Mac white, bought in July 2008. He's a vintage and I'm sorta proud. When everyone else is carrying their silvery glittery MacPro, I've got no shame dating with this old guy in public.

He's no longer a beauty by now. Just like human being, he's aging. Selling him is not a solution either. I've tried asking his value in an iBox about a year ago, and they scored him only like 1,8 Million or so. Like..... uhm. Better keep him home with me, with all the memories he's keeping #saelah

He has suffered lots of "sickness", here they go...

Cellotapes on left and right front side, the corner cracked (yea seriously) so I hold the broken piece with these tapes, hence it wouldn't be any tiny ugly hole there

Yellowy dirty spot on the trackpad. Well, guess I'll never get along too well with whites...

What's even worse? 3 months ago I accidentally splashed some amount of black coffee on the keyboard. Uhm nope, guess I poured it, to be more precise. Then my P, enter, and some other important buttons were not working. So as you can see, now I have to get along with this on-screen keyboard.

Another dirt mark...

And just minutes ago, I noticed that my webcam also stops working.

Well, that's my guy. My lifeless, non-hugable one, I mean.

He's definitely not the most sophisticated laptop on earth. In fact, he's in a poor condition because of the owner's carelessness, namely me. Why I'm writing this post, is simply as an expression of gratitude that he's still working after 3,5 yrs (and I'm using him right now, typing this stuff).

Lesson for you guys : Take better care of your stuffs. Most of them might not be bought by your personal expense, you got them from your papa or maybe from anyone else. Appreciate every single drop of sweat they wipe to give you those gadgets or whatever.

Oopsie. I'm pretty sure it's not a lesson-for-you-guys. It's for me.

No comments: