Sunday 16 May 2010

siapa bilang bagus selalu sama dengan mahal

for you accessories hunters, this place worths a try.
as you can see, they named the place Pasar Jaya, but most people know it as Jakarta Gems Center.

yes, it is a pasar. but don't worry, it's already well air-conditioned and clean.

precise location : don't know, somewhere around Jatinegara, Central Jakarta





when you got through the entrance, you will see dozens of ring stalls. no, not dozens : uncountable.
you know, rings with big gemstones and small diamonds on it. something that my dad love to wear, everytime and everywhere.

lemme give you a hint : this is the rings, before they put stones on them.





at first I thought the place was a total hell that I couldn't find nothing but big bold daddy-like rings. 
but after dad was done with his order, he took me to explore the place and voila! I found soooooo many many nice stuffs

2 zebra bangles plus some gold thin ones : IDR 25.000


gold indian bangles : IDR 25.000


don't know how to call these ones, but they costed IDR 50.000 for 2

and also a gold necklace : around IDR 30.000.

anyway one story about the last bangles :
after got back home, my family hit the streets again to another mall. then I saw the same bangles as those I've just bought. SAME shape, SAME color.

then I asked the shopkeeper
Me : Mbak yang ini berapa?
Mbak : 60 RIBU

yes. 60.000 each, when I bought them for 25.

well, just one simple lesson : Market is the now Treasure Box

No comments: