Friday 10 June 2011

Cuaca Cihuy! (heavy image post)

I took a class named Pengantar Sastra Jerman (Introduction to German Literature) in the last 4th semester. and our final test was... making our own theater performance. we were given a 12-scened script (about 1hr 15 mins) titled "Prima Klima" by Fabian Scheidler. it was a role play about environmental issue, which was actually performed for children. the script was in German, then the students had to translate and adapt it by adding Indonesian culture and customs to our own-made script.

we worked with the whole production process for about 1-2 months and here's the result :
(Poster design by Lydia Putriyana)

the hectic atmosphere, several hours before the show :

and look, they turned me into...
THIS.
(credit to Rizky Meilisa [right] as my Make Up Artist)

yes, the "shemale" above is me. I played as 73 yr old man. more about my role and the whole story of our performance, please kindly scroll down...

M. Irfan Wahyudi (as Jaenal) and Fadhilah Farhan (as Pak Sapei)

left : Olivia Syafitri (as Juleha)

Rinka Rima Sy and Pinka Almira Kusuma (as Pohon 1 & 2)
(they're not siblings anyway, only destiny made them met each other)

left : Widia Arianti (as Pak Abidin)

right : Syifa Arifiana (as Bu Maemunah)

left : Sanny Patrecia Simamora (as Jaki)

see the cute shiny creature on the bottom right corner?
lemme proudly introduce...
Mexican Golden Frog, our class' icon. isn't it adorable?
(eyak salah ngambil foto, jadi ketauan kan bikinnya pake pylox -__-)

well I'm normally not fond of frogs, but this Kodem (abbreviated from Kodok Emas, iye emang gak kreatif namanya) is an exception.

special performance by Claudio Ananda Putra (as Ondel-ondel Betina)
and Fandy Hakim (as Ondel-ondel Jantan) LMAO

well overall I consider the show as quite a big shot, due to the fact that almost all audiences (included lecturers, friends, juniors/seniors, and some people who actually just passed by) laughed like crazy. there were still some aspects that still need improvements, and there were also several technical errors before, during, and after the performance. but overall, I enjoyed performing this theater piece and I love working with my team. great solid teamwork but still with countless laughters that banished all the tension.

so hereby in this post, I'd like to gladly thank everyone in PSJ class B :
the whole cast
(Farhan, Widia, Rinka, Pinka, Fandy, Irfan, Syifa, Oliv, me, Sanny, Lely, Gege, Claudio)

(almost complete) production team of Cuaca Cihuy!

also bunch of thanks to everyone who had come and watched us, and for those who couldn't come but had already given their good luck wishes to us. I sincerely thank you all.

If you just found out about this theater performance and thought like "damn I wish I'd watched that!", well we have a good news for you. the details are not fixed yet, so I can't publish it now. I can hardly wait to share you the good smashing news, but once again, just wait and see... *silly wide grin*

(Photo courtesy by Lydia Putriyana & BF and Triyanisya & BF)

No comments: