Monday 20 June 2011

fable, fact, or f*ckin' nothing

The cast
One bulky sparrow that always dreamed to be a dove. Why? A dove was always destined to have at least one lover in life.
One eagle, brokenhearted by a playa parakeet in the past, looked for a lifetime soul mate, yet it ended up befriending the sparrow because of one similarity : They were both longing for something far from reality.

The story
Briefly said, they met, they became friends. The sparrow whined about its "sparrow-ness". "Why was I born a sparrow?" "Why nobody ever comes to me?" "Why am I black? I want white, as doves!". Meanwhile, the eagle whined about the parakeet. "Why did it leave me?" "Did I do something wrong?" "Why had I fallen for a parakeet at the first place? I'm an eagle, why should I crave for something that weak?". Sometimes they made fun of each other with those pathetic thoughts. Most of the times, they still supported each other through the hard times though. That made them closer to each other.

The problem is...
The sparrow started to change its mind. "I don't have to be a dove to have a mate. I already have eagle. No matter what we exactly are, friends, lovers, or nothing, I'm happy that I know such a nice bird like it." But sparrow couldn't lie, birds would never be able to. Between the three bolded choices it had mentioned above, it preferred the second one. So the problem is : Did the eagle feel the same way too?

The inspiration

one midnight rambling that came up to my mind while listening to John Mayer

No comments: